I’ve had problems updating my iPhone from IOS9.1.1 to IOS9.2 since it was released in the middle of December.
I’ve tried the usual fixes:
- Updating from the iPhone as normal. This fails just after verifying the update.
- Updating from iTunes. This fails trying to create a backup. IT always says there isn’t enough space on my 2TB hard drive that’s about 50% free.
- I even resorted to resetting to factory defaults and installing the update before restoring from an iCloud backup. This gave the same errors as before.
- Obviously this is after various resets and trying from different wireless and wired networks on different Internet connections.
- I’ve even tried changing my regional settings to see if it was something related to my connectivity to an Irish update repository.
Today I’m trying something different. I’ve downloaded the firmware for IOS9.2 and I’ve restored using that IPSW file using iTunes.
Of course this is going to wipe the iPhone again but restoring from an iCloud backup using Doulci activator will get everything back as it was. Excluding WiFi, Email and social network passwords for some reason.
This is the first time in about six years that I’ve had problems with an IOS upgrade. It’s quite frustrating and disappointing.